Being proficient in Traffic Management for Community Events is essential for any community event contract.
This course will equip you with the knowledge required to create traffic management plans for community events, protecting both the public and event staff.
This training course has been developed to help you understand the issues affecting traffic, pedestrain and event staff safety.
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days.
The training course will consist of theory sessions, followed by assessment. Course sessions include:
- Costings and Application
- Traffic Management Plan
- Risk Assessment
- Traffic Management Requirements
- Theory Assessment.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a Lantra skills ID card.
This course is for you if you need to prove your ability in Traffic Management for Community Events or renew your Lantra Skills card.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be aware of current legislation and its requirements
- Understand the application process and costs involved
- Be able to devise a Traffic Management Plan
- Be able to identify typical hazards and appropriate control measures related to the activity
- Have an understanding of basic traffic management requirements affecting highway users and event staff
- Demonstrate by examination sufficient knowledge to be accredited as a steward for this activity.