Learn how to carry out surveys on linear utilities with Lantra.
Overview in brief
This training course is for all those required to undertake the surveying and inspection of trees in proximity to overhead powerlines or railway lines. It supports the regulated qualification, which is the licence to practice for anyone undertaking work of this nature.
The finer details
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and comply with the current legislation applicable to tree surveys/works
- Conduct surveys safely and efficiently
- Understand required clearances
- Gain the necessary permission required to achieve desired clearances
- Understand the associated legislation to ensure compliance
- Specify work instructions
- Identify when additional controls are needed to mitigate risks.
Who should attend?
This training course has been developed for those carrying out roles in surveying and controlling vegetation in proximity to Power lines or Railways and wish to go on to take the Level 3 award in Utility Arboriculture - Surveyor qualification.
What will be covered?
This training course covers the following:
- Safe Practice for the Surveyor
- Environmental Considerations
- 3a Electrical Networks or 3b Railway Networks
- Grantor Liaison – Gaining Permission
- Identifying Plants
- Tree Health
- Specifying Pruning Work
- Dealing with Arisings
- Producing a Line/Tree Survey
- Tree Inspection for Utilities (optional).
Learners will complete either Session 3a Electrical Networks or Session 3b Railway Networks, depending on the pathway required.
Session 10 Tree Inspection for Utilities is an optional module that may be added to the course. If so, time will need to be added to the duration of the course to allow for its delivery.