Published onJune 19 2019
June 2019 marks National Microchipping Month and we are sharing our Level 3 Award in Performing Microchip Implantation in Animals qualification.
Microchipping is the easiest way to identify a lost pet and also brings a wide range of benefits:
- Increased re-uniting of pets with their keeper or owners
- Less time in Kennels
- Prevention and detection of animal welfare crimes.
The microchipping of dogs has been legally compulsory for some time and our qualification has been developed in response to that legislation.
It also conforms with nationally-agreed standards of best practice for animal microchipping.
To achieve our qualification you'll have the:
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and safety requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of microchips in animals
- Ability to safely handle and restrain animals
- Ability to select and prepare equipment for microchip implantation
- Ability to prepare the animal for microchipping
- Ability to safely perform microchip implantation
- Ability to carry out post-implantation procedures.
Please note the only training Provider who can deliver this Lantra qualification is Pet-ID Microchips Ltd