Click on the above or here to see the full update relating to the extension period for TM CSCS skills expiring on cards
General scheme information
Having the right knowledge and training is vital when you’re working in the fencing industry.
The Fencing Industry Skills Scheme/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (FISS/CSCS) gives you all the skills and knowledge you need, and provides assurance to employers that labourers, installers, supervisors and managers have achieved a recognised qualification.
The scheme is underpinned by the National Highway Sector Schemes of 2A, 2C and 10B.
It provides a robust and nationally recognised framework that consists of fencing training and health and safety awareness. Holding a CSCS card shows an employer that you are not only a competent installer, but that you understand the importance of occupational safety and mitigating risk.
Lantra works with the Construction Skills Certification Scheme, Fencing Contractors Association, European Fencing Industry Association and Highways England to administer and manage the scheme.
Further information on the scheme.
What does the FISS/CSCS card scheme do?
- Records workers in the fencing industry who have achieved a recognised level of competence
- Raises health and safety standards to reduce risks and accidents
- Encourages the use of skilled workers
- Provides certification for UK workers which is accepted across Europe
- Helps workers secure employment via a recognised card scheme
- Improves skills and competencies.
How will this scheme benefit you?
- You'll gain recognition for your skills, competencies and qualifications
- You'll improve your awareness of health and safety
- You'll enhance your employment prospects.
Download the full FISS/CSCS information booklet.
To apply for your card, simply complete our application form
BBC fraud investigation: CSCS confirms action taken
Please be advised that this does not relate to FISS/CSCS cards. For further information, please visit the Construction Skills Certification Scheme website.
Do you need to check a FISS/CSCS card? Please see our FISS CSCS card checker for Smartcards issued from January 2018 onwards.