- Who We Are
Lantra is a registered charity and is committed to its charitable objects, which are…
…to advance the education of the public and carry out educational research…
This is achieved through delivery of high quality training, assessment and qualifications (by the awarding organisation), and by undertaking other work that meets the charitable objects, where funding is available.
Lantra’s registered office is at Lantra House, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, Warwickshire CV8 2LG and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2823181.
Our Charity registration number is 1022991 and SC039039 in Scotland.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register; registration number Z5878437. Sandie Absalom is Lantra’s Data Controller, who can be contacted at 02476 696 996
- Information we collect
Lantra processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never request any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
All data collected will be for legitimate business interest.
The fullest extent of personal data we will collect from you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Photographs (for the purpose of issuing skills cards)
- CV and supporting competence evidence.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide Lantra with any personal data. If you are under the age of 16, please ensure you have your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to Lantra.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
Lantra takes your privacy very seriously and will only share your information with third parties where there is a legitimate business interest.
If you engage with Lantra as a user of our website, your data will not be shared with any third party.
If you are a learner on a Lantra course with a Lantra training provider, instructor, external quality assurer (EQA) or assessor then we may need to share your data with these individuals.
If you participate in a project funded by a third party, we may share your data with the funder and bulk mailing organisations.
We will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice and other guidance provided by Lantra. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. To withdraw consent, please contact Sandie Absalom Data Controller, telephone 02476 696996.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- We will process your personal data as part of verifying your identity for particular certification processes or skills cards
- As part of our contractual terms and conditions, training providers, EQAs and TVs will receive regular updates regarding Lantra products and services and items of interest to our industry. Such information will be non-intrusive.
- How long will you keep my data?
Lantra only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Our policy is to keep your personal data for a minimum of six years after which time it will be destroyed. However, should you have been issued a Lantra certificate or card Lantra’s policy is to keep your information indefinitely.
You can request to have your data destroyed once you have received your certificate but in doing so Lantra will not be able to provide confirmation of achievement or re-issue lost certificates.
- Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Lantra uses dotmailer.com to provide marketing emails. However, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Lantra uses Dotmailer for bulk e-mail delivery services. They act as a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your e-mail address.
For more information about Dotmailer, please read their privacy notice at www.dotmailer.com/terms/privacy-policy.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Lantra maintains a training provider membership scheme, an instructor membership scheme and a learner membership scheme and we provide regular emails to let you know about information relevant to these schemes.
We will only send you marketing emails if you have provided consent to receive such e-mails. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Privacy and your activity
- Your Rights
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please note: Lantra do not participate in automated decision making or profiling
You have the right to object to:
If you exercise this right it may mean that Lantra will not be able to continue to provide the expected service delivery
- You have the right to be informed of any information Lantra processes and why we are processing this information
- You have the right to access any personal information that Lantra holds about you
- You have the right to rectification. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so within 20 working days; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. Lantra will also advise any third parties holding your data to update as notified.
- You have the right to have data erased, however in doing so Lantra may not be able to continue to provide the expected service delivery, at your request data will be erased within 20 working day
You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data when:
- Direct marketing which is absolute, you do not need to demonstrate grounds for your objection, there are no exceptions which will allow processing to continue.
- Processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest/ exercise of official authority
- Processing for research or statistical purposes.
- The accuracy of the data is contested (for a period of time to enable the controller to verify the accuracy)
- The processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the data and request restrictions of its use instead
- You object to processing based on the grounds of legitimate business interests
- Where Lantra as the controller no longer requires the data but you do to exercise or defend a legal claim
- You have the right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- Safeguarding measures
Lantra takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- SSL/TLS for email encryption and SSL for website encryption
- Full live network protection through our firewall
- Network level protection between the secured and unsecured networks with centralised user authentication on our wireless network.
- Full antivirus scanning across all systems.
- Transfers outside of the EU (if applicable)
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data.
Lantra transfers personal data outside of the EU for the below purposes:
- Email addresses to providers or organisations Lantra contracts with for legitimate business objectives to further our charitable objectives
Where we transfer personal information for the above reasons, we utilise the aforementioned safeguarding measures and mechanisms to ensure that your personal data is always safe and secure.
- Making a complaint
Lantra only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to make a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Make the complaint in the first instance to:
Sandie Absalom – Data Controller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lantra House, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, CV8 2LG
Telephone: 02476 696996.
Report a Concern
Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – Supervisory Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SKP 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
- Cookie Notice
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.
 Lantra Articles of Association July 2015 – Clause 3 “Objects.”
Lantra will always advise:
- Why we require your data
- With whom your personal data may be shared
- How long we intend to hold your data for and means of storage and disposal
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information concerning the source.